Spiga

8 Reasons why i love Ubuntu?

Here are the 8 Reasons 'why i love Ubuntu'?.
  • It's free and very fast.
  • It's based on Debian and it uses the fastest package manager out there, APT;
  • APT package management is sooo easy.
  • It's takes about 1 minute to install a software and 10 to 20 seconds to uninstall or completely remove a software.
  • Firefox, Open Office, Gimp, and a huge repository of free softwares
  • Live CD/Install combo- I liked being able to use the operating system before it even started installing!
  • It's KDE-based, i hate Gnome.
  • It's perfect for low-end PC's.

THE BEST ever Linux operating system out there; and this way, we can compete with big operating system like Windows and Mac. It's time for Linux users to have a strong, easy to use and powerful desktop operating system, and Ubuntu can help us.

please write your comment WHY YOU LOVE UBUNTU? .

8 comments:

  Anonymous

June 26, 2008 at 5:30 AM

'It's KDE based,' what do you mean? Ubuntu uses the Gnome Desktop Manager.

  Anonymous

June 26, 2008 at 8:32 AM

Ummm, Author... Ubuntu is Gnome based, Kubuntu is KDE based.

Facts? What's that?

  Ramesh | The Geek Stuff

June 26, 2008 at 10:31 PM

Suresh,

I agree with every point you've mentioned except the "It's KDE-based, i hate Gnome.".

As pointed out by previous commenters,On Ubuntu Gnome is the default. On Kubuntu KDE is the default.

Ramesh
The Geek Stuff

  L. Venkata Subramaniam

June 29, 2008 at 9:40 PM

you mean ubuntu is better than other linuxes?

  Suresh Kumar A

June 29, 2008 at 9:45 PM

In Desktop Linux Version, i put my money to Ubuntu

In Server Linux version, Redhat is my Favorite.

  anthony

July 5, 2008 at 12:37 PM

I have been using linux since redhat 5.1
I have tried them all, and they all are good. But ubuntu raises the bar. Its the shit.
Its fast.
Its based on Debian.
It mostly just works.
Its free.
Its stable.
It works as a server.
It works as a desktop.
It has the momemtum behing it.
Its the future of computer operating systems.
Its freedom.
Its fun to use.
Its not boring.
Its not restricted.
Its liberating.
Its unix.
Its powerful.
Its the way things should be.
Its community.
Its for the geeks.
Its for Mom.
Its for Grandma.
Its for the Office.
Its for the Home.
Its for me.

  Jennie

July 8, 2008 at 8:26 AM

You are so right. I am a grandma with very limited computer skills. I switched from windows XP two weeks ago. The install (Gutsy Gibbon) went smoothly and then I upgraded to Hardy. Yes, I have had some setbacks, due to mistakes that I made and have had to reinstall, but overall it has been a very good learning experience and whenever I get stuck, I usually find the help I need in the Ubuntu forums. There will be no going back to Windows for me, I am totally in love with Ubuntu:-)

Jennie

  pastilladecloro

August 2, 2008 at 2:57 AM

I think that saying "it's KDE or GNOME based" it's a big mistake.

Ubuntu is Debian-based and it's desktop environment is GNOME (or KDE for Kubuntu).